Mario Kart Wii: Custom Community

Mario Kart Wii: Custom Community

The #1 Hacking and Customization Resource!
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome To Mario Kart Customs!

Share | 
 

 Textures with sketchup?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
frobbie



Posts : 3
Join date : 2010-12-06

PostSubject: Textures with sketchup?   Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:46 pm

i tried to change the textures in my CT with sketchup
But once i import the .obj file in the szs modifier it gives me the error that the .mtl file is invalid or somthing.
So i changed all the dots to , in the .mtl file. but it still doesn't work when i try to import it in szs modifier. can any1 help me?

sorry for my bad english Very Happy


Last edited by frobbie on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frobbie



Posts : 3
Join date : 2010-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Textures with sketchup?   Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Content of the .mtl file:



#
## Alias OBJ Material File
# Exported from SketchUp, (c) 2000-2006 Google, Inc.

newmtl Asphalt_New
Ka 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000
Kd 0.262745 0.235294 0.243137
Ks 0.330000 0.330000 0.330000
map_Kd bc72kleurroad/Asphalt_New.jpg

newmtl FrontColor
Ka 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000
Kd 0.890196 0.882353 0.870588
Ks 0.330000 0.330000 0.330000

newmtl Asphalt_Stamped_Brick
Ka 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000
Kd 0.584314 0.521569 0.525490
Ks 0.330000 0.330000 0.330000
map_Kd bc72kleurroad/Asphalt_Stamped_Brick.jpg

newmtl Brick_Rough_Dark
Ka 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000
Kd 0.368627 0.301961 0.207843
Ks 0.330000 0.330000 0.330000
map_Kd bc72kleurroad/Brick_Rough_Dark.jpg

newmtl Fencing_Diamond_Mesh
Ka 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000
Kd 0.615686 0.607843 0.600000
Ks 0.330000 0.330000 0.330000
map_Kd bc72kleurroad/Fencing_Diamond_Mesh.png
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vulcanus2



Posts : 182
Join date : 2010-09-04
Age : 22
Location : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Textures with sketchup?   Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:22 pm

textures can't be done at this way, szs modifier can't read read .mtl files.
You need to UV map the whole thing, but I haven't succeed on this so I can't explain it.

For importing your .obj you need to do this:
1. export obj files, export front or back faces
2. delete the .mtl files because they are useless.
3. open the obj files in notebook, remove the first 2 lines and change all "." to ",".
4. you can inport the obj files now.
5. after you did everything with the model, select one of the polygons and retexture it (tools, retexture polygon) in the right scale and dimension ([x z] is normal for road). Than retexture the other polygons.

If it's not clear, tell it.

EDIT 1. I made a mistake there, this is right:
You need clockwise culling, so you must select:
blue faces -> export front faces
white faces -> export back faces.
Make sure EVERYTHING you export are the same color of faces (white in the right direction)

_________________
Delfino Island RC2.1 is released
My FC (CT's): 0818-7696-9127


Last edited by Vulcanus2 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
igorseabra4



Posts : 273
Join date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Textures with sketchup?   Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:06 pm

If the faces you want are blue, set it to Front Faces.
If the faces you want are white, set it to Back Faces.

SZS Modifier reads it like that for some reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
4TLPati
Admin


Posts : 650
Join date : 2010-07-08
Age : 19
Location : Germany, Baden W├╝rttemberg

PostSubject: Re: Textures with sketchup?   Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:15 am

Vulcanus2 wrote:
textures can't be done at this way, szs modifier can't read read .mtl files.
You need to UV map the whole thing, but I haven't succeed on this so I can't explain it.

For importing your .obj you need to do this:
1. export obj files, export front or back faces (blue faces => back faces => counter clockwise culling, white faces => front faces => clockwise culling)
2. delete the .mtl files because they are useless.
3. open the obj files in notebook, remove the first 2 lines and change all "." to ",".
4. you can inport the obj files now.
5. after you did everything with the model, select one of the polygons and retexture it (tools, retexture polygon) in the right scale and dimension ([x z] is normal for road). Than retexture the other polygons.

If it's not clear, tell it.

I only delete the .mtl and the comment in the .obj (XXXXX.mtl). I don't replace all "." to "," and the importing still work.

_________________
I\'m 4TLPati visit my youtube: www.youtube.com/user/mkwiigamer

My Friendcodes:
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/mkwiigamer
frobbie



Posts : 3
Join date : 2010-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Textures with sketchup?   Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:48 am

Okay, i imported everything into szs modifier which worked Smile
But once i try to save it, i get the error:


Save error,
Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
igorseabra4



Posts : 273
Join date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Textures with sketchup?   Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:55 am

That's a bug in SZS Modifier. You have to import into another polygon or another course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vulcanus2



Posts : 182
Join date : 2010-09-04
Age : 22
Location : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Textures with sketchup?   Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:48 pm

4TLPati wrote:

I only delete the .mtl and the comment in the .obj (XXXXX.mtl). I don't replace all "." to "," and the importing still work.

really???, for me it never worked.

_________________
Delfino Island RC2.1 is released
My FC (CT's): 0818-7696-9127
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MRbuttCHINSx11T7



Posts : 94
Join date : 2010-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Textures with sketchup?   Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:35 pm

ugh, whenever i do all of this, then import into a polygon, every other polygon disappears....and when i try to retexture it and save, it gives me the arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow error...AND I TRIED 4 DIFFERENT COURSES
Back to top Go down
View user profile
4TLPati
Admin


Posts : 650
Join date : 2010-07-08
Age : 19
Location : Germany, Baden W├╝rttemberg

PostSubject: Re: Textures with sketchup?   Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:39 pm

MRbuttCHINSx11T7 wrote:
ugh, whenever i do all of this, then import into a polygon, every other polygon disappears....and when i try to retexture it and save, it gives me the arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow error...AND I TRIED 4 DIFFERENT COURSES
I got this error sometimes too, but Idk how I fixed it. It's a problem with the model. Is the model very big and waht courses you tried?

_________________
I\'m 4TLPati visit my youtube: www.youtube.com/user/mkwiigamer

My Friendcodes:
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/mkwiigamer
MRbuttCHINSx11T7



Posts : 94
Join date : 2010-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Textures with sketchup?   Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:06 pm

4TLPati wrote:
MRbuttCHINSx11T7 wrote:
ugh, whenever i do all of this, then import into a polygon, every other polygon disappears....and when i try to retexture it and save, it gives me the arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow error...AND I TRIED 4 DIFFERENT COURSES
I got this error sometimes too, but Idk how I fixed it. It's a problem with the model. Is the model very big and waht courses you tried?
i tried with bowsers castle, moonview highway, and maple treeway...have you ever gotten it to work?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vulcanus2



Posts : 182
Join date : 2010-09-04
Age : 22
Location : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Textures with sketchup?   Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:07 pm

texturing with sketchup is ****. I tried on bowser jr fort (my next ct). And you can't change positions in it, if you do and export, the szs modifier won't recognise it and just uses the normal textures or it messes up.

So with sketchup only really really simple mapping works (but it still increases the obj file dramaticly, but by that I found BC wii's polygon 0 can hold up to more than 300kb (170 kb for the faces in the test)).

Also important, to keep textures, export them OUTSIDE a component or group.
(It's usefull to separate the polygons in components (not groups in smooth polygons, they get messed up), just collaps, export and press "undo" to export with textures).

_________________
Delfino Island RC2.1 is released
My FC (CT's): 0818-7696-9127
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MRbuttCHINSx11T7



Posts : 94
Join date : 2010-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Textures with sketchup?   Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:12 pm

Vulcanus2 wrote:
texturing with sketchup is ****. I tried on bowser jr fort (my next ct). And you can't change positions in it, if you do and export, the szs modifier won't recognise it and just uses the normal textures or it messes up.

So with sketchup only really really simple mapping works (but it still increases the obj file dramaticly, but by that I found BC wii's polygon 0 can hold up to more than 300kb (170 kb for the faces in the test)).

Also important, to keep textures, export them OUTSIDE a component or group.
(It's usefull to separate the polygons in components (not groups in smooth polygons, they get messed up), just collaps, export and press "undo" to export with textures).
well, what i'm looking to do is keep UV mapping for gc ports with sketchup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Textures with sketchup?   Today at 6:07 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Textures with sketchup?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» new track for netKar PRO build from scratch: Mugello
» Missin' Textures and stuff
» missing textures?...and one other thing
» ***Master Caw FAQ's........Links to Tutorials, and Resources. Textures, & Troubleshooting
» rFactor texture issues

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mario Kart Wii: Custom Community :: Mario Kart Riivolution Hacking Support :: Custom Track Help and Support-
Jump to: