Mario Kart Wii: Custom Community

Mario Kart Wii: Custom Community

The #1 Hacking and Customization Resource!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome To Mario Kart Customs!

Share | 

Can anyone here hex edit KCL for more space?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MRbuttCHINSx11T7

PostSubject: Can anyone here hex edit KCL for more space?   Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:12 pm

I know its been done before....and I REALLY REALLY need it for GCN Dry Dry Desert. (Yes I'm starting to work on it again)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
igorseabra4

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone here hex edit KCL for more space?   Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:03 pm

It has been done before? Where?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MRbuttCHINSx11T7

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone here hex edit KCL for more space?   Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:35 pm

igorseabra4 wrote:
I think cagnouto on Youtube has done it....idk, but when I open the gcn bowsers castle .szs, neither the .kcl nor the course_model comes up in szs mod, so i'm guessing that means its been hex edited :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
4TLPati
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone here hex edit KCL for more space?   Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:05 pm

MRbuttCHINSx11T7 wrote:
igorseabra4 wrote:
I think cagnouto on Youtube has done it....idk, but when I open the gcn bowsers castle .szs, neither the .kcl nor the course_model comes up in szs mod, so i'm guessing that means its been hex edited :/

As I understood it now, it's imported with the SZS Explorer.

My Friendcodes:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/mkwiigamer
igorseabra4

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone here hex edit KCL for more space?   Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:42 pm

They DO show up. I'm gonna explain to you:
SZS Modifier was made when the SZS filesystem was lesser know, because of that the files are shown in the wrong position. In the SZS Modifier, files show all messed up in different places, specially folders. If you open the file in SZS Explorer, you see that the files are in different positions, but that's just because SZS Modifier doesn't show then in the correct place.
For example, the SZS Modifier sometimes show KMP and KCL files inside the posteffect folder, but of course they're not there. SZS Explorer shows then in the right place, that's why you can see the BRRES and the KCL there. (they were imported from other tracks, that's why you dont' see then in the right place in SZS Mod, they might be in the posteffect folder).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MRbuttCHINSx11T7

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone here hex edit KCL for more space?   Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:17 pm

igorseabra4 wrote:
They DO show up. I'm gonna explain to you:
SZS Modifier was made when the SZS filesystem was lesser know, because of that the files are shown in the wrong position. In the SZS Modifier, files show all messed up in different places, specially folders. If you open the file in SZS Explorer, you see that the files are in different positions, but that's just because SZS Modifier doesn't show then in the correct place.
For example, the SZS Modifier sometimes show KMP and KCL files inside the posteffect folder, but of course they're not there. SZS Explorer shows then in the right place, that's why you can see the BRRES and the KCL there. (they were imported from other tracks, that's why you dont' see then in the right place in SZS Mod, they might be in the posteffect folder).
hmm, okay, but does it mean its hex edited? because it seems way unlikely that cagnouto made kcl for all of those parts in gcn bc....and even fit the models in. I actually asked him in his video if he hex edited the course_model for more model space (no complexity errors) and he said yes....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
igorseabra4

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone here hex edit KCL for more space?   Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:05 pm

He used the generate KCL option, but maybe with another BRRES, with stuff such as no decoration.
And if it was really possible to have more space, all tracks avaliable in MKDS would have been ported already, because of the program MKDasher is making to port KMP files directly from MKDS.
And he hex edited the BRRES to take out texture errors, not to expand the model size. MKDasher does this in all of his tracks, or else they'd be reddish for being made over BCWii.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MRbuttCHINSx11T7

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone here hex edit KCL for more space?   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:26 pm

igorseabra4 wrote:
He used the generate KCL option, but maybe with another BRRES, with stuff such as no decoration.
And if it was really possible to have more space, all tracks avaliable in MKDS would have been ported already, because of the program MKDasher is making to port KMP files directly from MKDS.
And he hex edited the BRRES to take out texture errors, not to expand the model size. MKDasher does this in all of his tracks, or else they'd be reddish for being made over BCWii.
:OOOOO I've always hated that coloring issue!! I wish I could fix it...but still, some textures in gcn bc are darker than they should be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
igorseabra4

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone here hex edit KCL for more space?   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:56 pm

Come at http://xat.com/MrBean35000vr and ask MKDasher or Baoulettes. They're active there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone here hex edit KCL for more space?   

Back to top Go down

Can anyone here hex edit KCL for more space?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1