Mario Kart Wii: Custom Community

Mario Kart Wii: Custom Community

The #1 Hacking and Customization Resource!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome To Mario Kart Customs!

Share | 

Question about editing the XML document and custom track Mario Kart Wii names (course names in the game)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wingedkratos

PostSubject: Question about editing the XML document and custom track Mario Kart Wii names (course names in the game)   Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:35 am

Okay so, I downloaded that Riivolution pack with tracks such as Luigi's Island, Incendia castle, and all that, and everything works great with that. I recently started looking into adding more tracks, but I found myself annoyed by having to add another area to Riivolution's pages just to add another track, so I learned how to add multiple tracks to the same course without having to add another area for it on Riivolution. The only problem is that no matter what I seem to do, Luigi's Island is ALWAYS displayed as the current name, no matter what I name the other track that I paired with it. (So even if I don't select Luigi's Island as Luigi Circuit's replacement and choose the second replacement, the name still shows up as Luigi's Island, but it plays the other course that I wanted to play.) Even though it's small, I find it kind of annoying... So here's some questions.

1. Is there anyway to change the default custom name to something else without having to delete Luigi's Island completely? I was thinking that maybe I could just switch the text info for Luigi's Island (in the area in the XML document) with the one I made for GCN Bowser's Castle (the second replacement) and maybe that'd work. That's the only thing I haven't tried yet I believe...

2. If I have two custom tracks replacing the same course (Luigi's Circuit in this case, with Luigi's Island and GCN Bowser's Castle as the replacements), is it possible for their separate custom names to show up whenever I select them instead of just one custom name for both?

3. I had recently added new custom tracks to unoccupied slots (I properly added the correctly named folders for the stages into the mkwii folder and I did give the custom stages a proper name) however, when I turn those stages on in Riivolution and start up the game, the custom names do not show up, but the custom tracks still load. So...what could possibly be the problem?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
4TLPati
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Question about editing the XML document and custom track Mario Kart Wii names (course names in the game)   Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:02 am

First the tracks you downloaded are the official tracks in the official CTGP (Custom Track Grand Prix). You can put unofficial tracks in the MyStuff folder on your SD-Card. For example if you want an unofficial track on N64 Bowsers Castle you have to put the CT in the MyStuff folder and call it old_koopa_64 .
Here are the file names:
Spoiler:

Here is a thread about the XML's:
http://mariokartcustom.niceboards.org/t111-how-to-add-course-to-riivo-via-xml

But in the new update to the CTGP 4.4 BETA

I hope it helped you Wink

My Friendcodes:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/mkwiigamer
Wingedkratos

PostSubject: Re: Question about editing the XML document and custom track Mario Kart Wii names (course names in the game)   Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:25 am

Yeah, I know you can stick courses in the My Stuff folder. That's actually the first method I tried when getting new custom courses, however I decided that I wanted my stuff to be a little more "neat" (as in things renamed properly so I could tell what stages they were without having to load up the game, files not everywhere, etc...) so I switched to the method of adding them directly to into page 3 of Riivolution. But that also bugged me so I decided to make it a bit neater instead of making pages of new courses.

About your stuff, thanks for trying to help, but I've seen all those things already from searching yesterday afternoon (except that video) and none of those answered my questions at all unfortunately though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
igorseabra4

PostSubject: Re: Question about editing the XML document and custom track Mario Kart Wii names (course names in the game)   Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:25 pm

You can't change the name of only one track. You have to change all of then at once.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about editing the XML document and custom track Mario Kart Wii names (course names in the game)   

Back to top Go down

Question about editing the XML document and custom track Mario Kart Wii names (course names in the game)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1