Mario Kart Wii: Custom Community

Mario Kart Wii: Custom Community

The #1 Hacking and Customization Resource!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome To Mario Kart Customs!

Share | 

Kartwood Creek (By Rich Petty/Jughead870)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ALPHAMARIOX

PostSubject: Kartwood Creek (By Rich Petty/Jughead870)   Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:26 pm

This track was created because he always wanted to create a track. This track was originally going to be called Cottonwood Creek.

This is the description that should explain the Track a lot better.

Make sure annotations are on. This video is not related to the Mario Kart Wii: What Am I Thinking? series.

Thanks to Riivolution, I can now build custom tracks on Mario Kart Wii without using Homebrew at all. For about as long as I've been into the Mario Kart series, I've always wanted to make my own tracks to race on, especially for Mario Kart Wii as most of its tracks disappoint me. In this video, I will give you a tour of my first track, Kartwood Creek!

For my first time working with the SZS modifier, I think I did a pretty good job. All textures except for the background trees were made by me, so you won't find them on the Internet. I decided to start out with a rather simple idea of mine so that I could understand how it works easier. That's why the layout is flat everywhere. Pinching the green fences and the track itself was a little too confusing for me, but I thank MrBean35000vr for assisting me in that part. Once I did get the hang of it, I constructed a building structure with a roof, door, and windows on the bottom-left corner which, besides the fences, is the only vertical polygon on the track; the dancing trees were pre-existing objects in the KMP. The most time-consuming part of this track to make were the backgrounds as the textures repeated in a complicated pattern; that part still looks a little shabby, but I'm done fiddling with it. No, this does NOT mean I'm a hacker.

So where did I come up with Kartwood Creek anyway? About five or six years ago I had a nightmare probably from playing too much of Luigi's Mansion. I had gotten lost in a forest and I found an old mansion. It was once owned by a rich family that managed this area of land for cotton-farming in the nineteenth century, but it was all abandoned during the American Civil War. The family was killed, but their ghosts never left the mansion as I found out when I knocked on the door. Although the original concept was this haunted mansion, I turned it into part of the background and instead made the creek the main theme for this track. It's still beta, but it will soon be finalized and be available on the SZS Modifier this weekend.

If Jughead870 posts another topic about his track, then I apologize for posting it before you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/ALPHAMARIOX
Shredder2
Trent Rez

PostSubject: Re: Kartwood Creek (By Rich Petty/Jughead870)   Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:09 pm

We should really tell some people about these forums.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/CustomSongCharter
ALPHAMARIOX

PostSubject: Re: Kartwood Creek (By Rich Petty/Jughead870)   Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:05 pm

These forums are really popular now. Very Happy

Anyways

Back to the Topic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/ALPHAMARIOX
EarlAB901

PostSubject: Re: Kartwood Creek (By Rich Petty/Jughead870)   Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:36 pm

Where are the download links? :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dsilobby.wapka.mobi
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kartwood Creek (By Rich Petty/Jughead870)   Today at 6:06 pm

Back to top Go down

Kartwood Creek (By Rich Petty/Jughead870)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1